Perhaps the single-most important security activity you must be on top of is risk management. While this term is broad and all-encompassing, we focus specifically on your tactical risks. This is where the rubber meets the road.
Proper security planning results in having a list of residual risks that are managed in line with your strategic objectives and organizational risk tolerance. If you already have this list, you’re ahead of the game. But where do you start when you have 50 critical risks, 100 moderate risks and 200 or so low-rated risks? What process do you follow and how do you ensure the best bang for buck? How do you begin developing a business case for a desperately needed security investment?
This is where 38North can help.
After we’ve performed a comprehensive risk assessment, we’re often called upon to:
- Establish a risk management program to ensure risks are continually monitored.
- Integrate risk management practices into everyday business activities.
- Ensure risk management activities map directly to a verifiable business need.
- Design remedial measures that will consolidate risks to lower your costs.
- Ensure lower-ranked risks don’t escalate into bigger headaches.
- Assist with the implementation of remedial measures.
- Implement a risk management dashboard tailored to your organization.
- Train staff on how to incorporate risk management practices into their duties.